Sunday, December 04, 2005

Let me prefeace the following with a bold yet true statement.

I like to drink.

Not shocking I know, but profound to some who may have thought of me a wise, moderate fellow. Obviously you not seen me mix mix my drinks like Kahlua and Goldschlager, (not at the same time mind you) in addition to a bottle of white wine and 6 bottles of sleemans cream ale, which to all my English friends is quite a nice tipple so have a go if you can. In terms of other canadian beer however, stay away from, like the plague, the following beverages:

Molson Canadian
Kokannee
Budweiser
Big Rock Grasshopper (is passable).

Im sure there are more but i cant think of them.

Here is the main point, my favourite drinking song, it is a timeless reminder that getting ripped to the tits once in a while is quite the cathartic or even existential experience.

Enjoy.




Bruces' Philosophers Song
a.k.a. Philosophers' Drinking Song

Composer: Eric IdleAuthor: Eric Idle
From the TV Series and featured on various Monty Python Albums

Immanuel Kant was a real pissant
Who was very rarely stable.

Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar
Who could think you under the table.

David Hume could out-consume
Wilhelm Freidrich Hegel,

And Wittgenstein was a beery swine
Who was just as schloshed as Schlegel.

There's nothing Nietzche couldn't teach ya'
Bout the raising of the wrist.

Socrates, himself, was permanently pissed.

John Stuart Mill, of his own free will,
On half a pint of shandy was particularly ill.

Plato, they say, could stick it away--
Half a crate of whiskey every day.

Aristotle, Aristotle was a bugger for the bottle.
Hobbes was fond of his dram,

And René Descartes was a drunken fart.
'I drink, therefore I am.'

Yes, Socrates, himself, is particularly missed,
A lovely little thinker,
But a bugger when he's pissed

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home